Dear Sue C: ‘I feel as though a lot of bad things have happened to me throughout my life and it makes me think I have been cursed. Is this possible – and if so, what do I do to get rid of it?’
Sue C says: This is actually a subject that a lot of people bring up and talk about. I really believe that in life we make our own good luck and bad luck. When someone
is going through a bout of bad luck it’s very easy to say “Oh I have been cursed” when actually the reason that you are going through what you see as being negative things is that the universe is saying to you, “Stop, think about what you are doing, and change it…stop repeating patterns, and listen to the voice of reason guiding you along the stream, rather than against it.” I feel that we can become so ingrained in thinking a certain way, living our life a certain way, that we can ignore the messages that tell us it’s time to embrace change. We then become bogged down with life, which then
leads to negativity.
It’s also possible that when we look at our past and present we are zooming in on everything that we thing is wrong, which doesn’t let us see all the good things that have been and are and leaves us with a totally distorted view of our lives. Studies have shown that people who seem to be lucky have a very positive outlook on life which acts as a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy.
Along with that, we can quite often become caught up in other people’s lives and dramas. If you feel that you are, and that your own life is becoming dominated by others’ negativity, look to direct the focus back to your life. If you are in a situation where you are not happy, imagine mirrors reflected towards the bearer of the
negativity, and imagine anything being reflected back.
Curses are in my opinion only as powerful as our own beliefs. If we embrace positive thinking, our lives can only be and attract the positive.
If you wish to alleviate any negativity in your life, embrace and focus on positivity and the white light that comes with it, embrace a positive affirmation daily to bring new exciting opportunities and people into your life, one of my favourite is “I am safe
and loved”. To say it is to believe it.
One word of warning – if you come across anyone who claims to be psychic and tells you that you are cursed and promises to get rid of it for you for a cash sum, they are most likely a scammer and just out to get money from you! Be especially aware of anyone who contacts you through the internet as there are very well known
international scam outfits that do this.
If you are finding it hard to shake the idea that the only power a curse has over you is the power you give it, try this simple ritual that comes from Pagan and Wiccan practice.
What you will need: Two teaspoons of almond oil, rosemary essential oil, a mixing bottle, a sheet of white paper, a black ink pen, a white altar candle, a purple taper candle and a fireproof bowl. Ideally conduct this ritual on a full moon.
1.Place three drops of the rosemary essential oil and the two teaspoons of almond oil in the mixing bottle.
2. Charge the mixture by rolling the bottle between the palms of your hands, focusing your thoughts on the purpose of your spell-weaving as you do so. Set this aside.
3. Light the white candle, focusing on the flame. As you do this see in your mind’s eye a vision of whoever is responsible for the negative influence upon you, their image growing smaller and smaller within the confines to the flame.
4. Anoint the purple candle with the charged oils, drawing the oil away from you as you do so. This will help to redirect the negative influences away from you as well. Now set this candle aside.
5. On the white paper write the words, “all blocks are now cast aside”. Fold the piece of paper in half three times.
6. Now light the purple candle and use its flame to set fire to the folded paper. Place the lit piece of paper into the fireproof bowl.
7. Focus on the flames, repeat the following aloud three times: “As this paper burns away, elements please hear me pray, turn back the ill will sent to me, and send it on its way, so mote it be ( so be it)” As the flame dims, see the ill dissolving with
them, then bring the session to an end by dousing smothering the flame the rest
of the way.
Sue C Pin 2141 is a hereditary witch, coming from a line from her mother’s side. She was trained by the Gardnerian tradition, but is now an eclectic witch, drawing
from all beliefs and religions. Ask Sue C for Wiccan wisdom to whatever you want to do or know.
If you’d like your question answered, email it to Julie@micheleknight-staging.co.uk.gridhosted.co.uk and include the word ‘Wiccan’ in the title of your email. Her new answers will be posted on the 25th of each month.
today's featured reader
I’ve been creating my Knight-Waite tarot deck for three years.
It has been such a labour of love, I can’t wait to unleash it!
It will launch in 2023, but why not take a little sneak peek at the cards below?
We have no affiliation whatsoever with the Rider-Waite Tarot Deck, the rights in which are owned and/or controlled by the Penguin Random House Group. Any similarity in trade names is coincidental only: we are not licensed by, endorsed by, or in any other way connected with Rider-Waite, the Rider-Waite Tarot Deck, or the Penguin Random House Group.